Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Not Again!

Well, Cascade College athletics suffered a setback, as our men's basketball coach resigned suddenly last week. I hope that it was the right decision for the coach and his family, but it puts us in a bind at the college as our men's team is now leaderless.

Coaching is a hard thing to do well. It takes a brand of leadership that I do not possess. Being a coach at Cascade presents several challenges, and success is difficult to achieve. Difficult, but not impossible. We are praying that God will send us his man to build our men's team into a respected and successful program.

And in case you are wondering......NO, I will NOT be coaching the men's team or any other team next year, Lord willing.

4 comments:

Johnathan M. Thomas said...

So, what will you be doing?

Joey jo-jo jr. shabadoo said...

Yeah, Cody WHAT will you be doing? Just surfing the web late at night, thought of some old Cascade days and.... you're the lucky winner. One of the few I can still find and know that you haven't changed your name. I always thought of you as a great coaching prospect for what that's worth. (Is there such a thing?) And, you're right, coaching is a difficult leadership skill. I have tried my hand 2 times with Junior Highers, and...... yeah. We'll leave it at that.

joe molzer
skayrcrow@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Well, I hope to be just the plain ol' asst. athletic director. No coaching.

2 hours of practive everyday just does not appeal to me.

Joe, I coached junior highers also...........once.

Allan W. said...

Hope things shake out for the better. Why did he leave?